Location: Opelika, AL
Job Title: Development Director
Salary: $35,000 – 40,000
Storybook Farm’s mission is to celebrate the God given potential of each child and to make a lasting impact on those facing arduous life circumstances. Storybook is a place designed to facilitate growth, learning and the power to overcome.
Though the foundation of our programming is the horse, just as our community of participants has expanded so has the scope of our mission. We now provide our over 1,500 annual participants activities engaging equines and canines, horticulture and nutrition along with seasonal events catering to the entire family. Holding true to our founding culture and values, no family has paid even a penny to participate.
Would you like to walk into work each day knowing that your work is impactful and effective? Do you want to go home each day feeling like you have made a difference? If so, Storybook Farm is the place for you!
Monday – Friday, at least 40 hours per week, and will include some evenings and weekends.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under Executive Director’s direction, implements Storybook Farm’s strategic plan for development
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and provide stewardship of current and prospective donors with focus on nurturing long-term relationships on behalf of the organization with major donors including individuals, corporations, foundations and grantors
- Participates in developing campaign materials, promotional materials and virtual venues such as web site and social media outlets
- Maintains donor database; prepares reports and prospect research materials
- Travels locally, and out-of-town if necessary to meet in person with donors
- Plans, implements and attends fundraising events and board of directors/sub-committee meetings
- Prepares call reports in a timely manner
- Seeks in-kind donations and auction items for assigned events
- Accurately communicates and raises awareness of the work Storybook Farm at events and other SBF sponsored programs
- Passionately drive Storybook Farm’s mission
- A minimum of two to three years of professional experience in fundraising
- Four-year degree or equivalent education/experience required
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices and appropriate solicitation techniques
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to cultivate relationships with significant and influential individuals
- Ability to solicit for and can close major gifts ($10k+)
This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Terms are negotiable.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and references to Sara Medley, email@example.com
To learn more about Storybook Farm visit www.hopeonhorseback.org