Our Associate Board is a key player in the success of Storybook Farm.
The Storybook Farm Associate Board is critical to the success of the Farm. Board members commit themselves to the hard work needed to guide the Farm to achieve its mission successfully.
The mission is to empower children impacted by adversity and to reclaim the wonder of childhood through relationships with animals and nature.
Each Associate Board Member is valued for their unique contributions and interests, skills, and resources they bring to the organization. The Associate Board assists the Board of Directors in actively participating in the Storybook Farm Board duties of generating revenue, producing opportunities for the Farm, supporting our contributors, and working on the maintenance and advancement of the Farm.
The culture of the Board is one of work and passion. Members are selected based on their contributions to the community, their successes in their career, and their passion for serving. Fulfilling the Farm’s mission requires the engagement of time, resources, and a proactive willingness to contribute to the Farm’s mission.
The roles and responsibilities listed below guide the expectations of an active and contributing board member. Associate Board members can expect to serve
90 hours in the 12 month term. The term begins in June 2022 and ends in May 2023.
Time will be spent across the following:
- Onboarding and Training (once a year)
- Attending Monthly Board Meetings with the Board of Directors (10 per year)
- Serving on one Committee and attending meetings as needed
- Monthly Volunteering (6 months of the year)
- Assisting with and Attending Events. There are 4-5 events per year. The Derby Event is the first Saturday of May and all board members are expected to execute the event prior-to and day-of the event.
- Fundraising and Advocating for the Farm by inviting friends, colleagues, and community leaders to Storybook Farm events and serving as an advocate and ambassador in the community and personal and professional networks